Five Steps To Evaluating Your Online Reputation
1. Turn off Googles personalized search.
Most people have some kind of account with Google like Gmail, AdWords, etc. if youre logged into your Google account youre going to get a very different search result than if youre logged out of Google. Sites you visit through google often show up more often in your personalized search. Sign out of your Google account to get a more unbiased view of what the google results are for most people.
2. Search your name, your practice, and your employees.
These are the three big components of your reputation and how most people will research your practice.
3. Search your competitors and your local keywords
Try to get a sense of your market. Search your competitors and geography & speciality searches like Sarasota breast augmentation and New York cosmetic dentistry. This will give you a sense of what catalogs well and where opportunity lies to improve position. Look for things that are working for other doctors that might be easy to place yourself into like directories, LinkedIn, or local sites.
4. How can I improve my reputation?
You will start to see patterns in your search results. Sites that catalog very well, directories, review sites, things that place very well in your market. Make a list of the top ten things you see in the search results and this should give you a very good idea where you can most quickly enhance or influence your online reputation.
5. Set up Google Alerts to monitor your reputation.
This free service searches your keywords your name, your practice, etc. and alerts you when news happens on those keywords. It monitors the situation for you. Google Alerts is a very, very cool way to track your reputation with a daily or weekly email.
Managing your online reputation - The four types of search results
1. Good results These are great - good reviews, directories, your website, Facebook, etc... This is what you want and every good result occupies a search spot that is going to be difficult for negative information to replace. 2. No results No results isnt a great result because all sorts of things can go on; youre not controlling your online space. It means no one else has started controlling the space. In fact, theres very few doctors with no results even left out there. No results means you need to get out there and think about how to improve and control your results. 3. Indifferent results There are many sites that are just endless lists of doctors and addresses and they come up pretty darn well under searches f
Upcoming Webinar: Social Media - Nov 18, 2010
Build a social media campaign for your practice, today. Set up the different kinds of pages without wasting valuable time. Secure your name, protect your reputation and start growing your network. This free course gives you all the tools to do it yourself. - Use Facebook to grow your practice - Lock in your Twitter page - LinkedIn for SEO - Connecting it all to your website - Save time: 10 essential tips - Find and use your digital assets Click below to get your social media campaign going without wasting time! Webinar - Social Media For The Medical Practice Nov. 18, 2010 - Thursday - 4:00 P.M. EST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/790783746