Web Application Developer/Software Engineer
Einstein Industries, Inc. is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Based in Sorrento Valley, CA, Einstein Industries uses data-driven strategies and best in class technology to provide online marketing services to dental, medical, and legal professionals. The Senior Software Engineer will play an integral role at our company by developing new applications, supporting existing web applications in a Linux/Apache environment, and designing the databases and technology used by our team.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Basic skills in Linux server and Apache/nginx configuration
- Experience in new and emerging web development tools
- Expert development experience in Ruby on Rails
- A strong working knowledge of relational database design and optimization techniques for MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with at least one of MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing API services
- Experience integrating with AWS
- Experience with infrastructure as code frameworks, containerization technologies, and virtualization platforms such as Docker
- Experience with distributed version control software, such as git
- Experience with Memcached and RabbitMQ
On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Software Engineer will:
- Upgrade existing applications from Rails 3 to Rails 5
- Develop internal and external software solutions by conferring with internal stakeholders, studying and understanding needs, investigating problem areas, and studying task/process/information flow
- Keep job knowledge up-to-date by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, languages, libraries, and frameworks
- Assist in managing and supporting other software engineers and frontend engineers by providing structure, libraries, frameworks, tools, advice, and feedback as needed
In addition to possessing the necessary technical skills and experience, the ideal Senior Software Engineer is an enthusiastic team player who thrives on thinking, creating, and collaborating with his or her fellow employees.
About Einstein Industries
Located in Sorrento Valley, the tech-center of San Diego, CA, Einstein Industries is the leader in online medical marketing and website solutions, offering a wide range of products and services designed to increase the financial success of its clients. The company is at the forefront of website development, having created some of the best-looking and highest-performing websites for dental, medical, and legal professionals throughout the world.
The company culture is open-minded and collaborative, and we often look to our employees to develop new ideas. While Einstein Industries is already the leader in the industry, we consistently encourage our employees to innovate and improve our products and processes. We provide many opportunities for growth, and many of our engineers have been with us for a decade or more. A healthy work-life balance is important to us, and we allow employees to work their 40-hour week on a schedule that works for them.