Web Application Developer / Software Engineer
- Develops internal and external software solutions by conferring with internal stakeholders, studying and understanding needs, investigating problem areas, studying task/process/information flow.
- Determines feasibility of projects by analyzing and verifying data, API and/or resource requirements.
- Documents, prototypes and demonstrates solutions as needed.
- Operationally manages a solution as needed from conception through development, deployment, maintenance and updates, to end-of-life as needed.
- Keeps job knowledge up to date by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, languages, libraries and frameworks.
- Assists in managing and supporting software engineers and frontend engineers by providing structure, libraries, frameworks, tools, advice, and feedback as needed.
Ideal Candidate Skills:
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience
- Practiced in good software engineering principles, including but not limited to the SOLID principles, deployment, automated testing (TDD/BDD), version control
- Expert level in Ruby. Working experience with PHP and/or Perl
- Proficient in SQL, and experience with at least one of MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Basic skills in Linux server and Apache/nginx configuration
- Some experience with multiple web data formats and protocols, JSON, JSONP, JSONRPC, XML, SOAP, etc.
- Basic understanding of internet and network fundamentals such as HTTP, TCP.
Located in Sorrento Valley, the tech-center of San Diego, CA, Einstein Medical is the leader in online medical marketing and website solutions, offering a wide range of products and services designed to increase the financial success of its clients. The company is at the forefront of website development, having created some of the most effective medical websites on the Internet today while catering to experienced, reputable doctors and surgeons throughout the world. Rather than simply provide an online presence for its clients, Einstein Medical develops comprehensive online marketing strategies.
The corporate culture is best described as open-minded and flexible, as we often look to our employees to develop new ideas. Working at Einstein provides the opportunity for unlimited growth. Our ideal employee is an enthusiastic team player who thrives on thinking, creating, collaborating, improving, and working together with his or her fellow employees. In this atmosphere, our employees are encouraged to excel in each of their respective areas of expertise in order to further the success of the company.
Job Type: Full-time